7-Simple Acts of Kindness
In this blog post, written by my colleague and friend, Andrea Brundage, owner of Simple Organized Solutions, we are given 7 acts of kindness… good things to consider as we approach the Thanksgiving and holiday season.
Encourage charity and goodwill towards others this holiday season by being a good example and by involving your family, your friends, and your co-workers.
Spread the love, spread the word, and make a commitment to give to those in need this holiday season.
Don’t know what to give? Consider these ideas:
1. TIME: Volunteer to feed the hungry at a local soup kitchen, or take someone shopping who would not otherwise be able to do so. It costs nothing, and it feels good to serve others.
2. FOOD ITEMS: Most grocery stores have collection boxes during the holidays. Contact homeless shelters and safe houses.
3. TOYS: Toy drives are often sponsored by local police and fire departments. Join in.
4. MONEY: Make a donation in someone’s honor with their favorite charity.
5. RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS: Pick up the restaurant tab or grocery bill for someone, anonymously. Offer to let some go ahead of you in line. Give someone your extra coupons. Take baked goods to the neighbors.
6. ADOPT-A-FAMILY: Brighten the lives of an entire family!
7. WISH TREES: Take a couple of Wish Lists off a Wish Tree, buy the items, and make a child’s holiday dreams come true!
Getting organized is on most people’s New Year’s Resolutions list. Do not let another year pass without accomplishing this goal. Professional help and gentle guidance is a simple click or phone call away. Visit http://www.ProfessionalOrganizerAZ.com or call (480) 382-1085.